Re: TECH: Tempest PCB

From: James R. Twine <jtwine_at_jrtwine.com>
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 17:51:14 EDT

Quoting "Steve P." <projektzwo@yahoo.com>:

> The first one is working and playable. It has an odd habit though
> of resetting for no appearent reason. [...]

   I would suggest checking the power supply for excessive ripple and/or low
(+5) voltage. Be sure to check the voltages both on the connector and on the
board someplace, like on a compnent or those little "quick disconnect looking"
test points. Ripple you can check for right at the edge connector.

   I am guessing that the ROM/RAM tests all pass...

> Board number 2 has a graphics issue. PCB coins up and plays but the display
> is squished into a bent line. [...]

   The description "squished into a bent line" rings no bells for me... Sounds
a little out of my area, but I would like to see that image, anyway.

   Peace!

-=- James R. Twine.