RE: Fluke 9010a scripts for Star Wars / ESB

From: James Bright <james_at_quarterarcade.com>
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 21:39:55 EDT

I've found that the best combination is basic RAM & ROM tests, and then
using the 9010A in conjunction with the probe. Being able to sync to
Data and Address parts of the cycle is immensely helpful.

BTW, I'm not sure if it's obvious or not from the FIDE documentation,
but the pre-processor allows you to do include files (from any
directory, including relative from the project root) so that you can
build script libraries. For example, I'd typically have a function that
I use for isolating which 4116 RAM was bad (a lot of games use a pair of
4116s) so I built a generic library and then would include that file as
necessary. Using the REGs, you can pass in parameters.... like the base
address to test from and so on.

JB

--James Bright
www.QuarterArcade.com