Re: Asteroids with no video

From: Al Warner <al_at_alsarcade.com>
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 22:27:40 EDT

Since I was the first offender of this panic about being shocked in a
document (Cap Kit 101 written in 1997 I think); let me explain my
background. I'm an IT guy but I have been working for insurance
companies all these years. If someone gets hurt doing any of this, the
lawyers are going to go NUTS looking for people to blame. I have
rewritten documentation for different people to increase the safety and
reduce the potential of lawsuits and this *Was* actually Vector
related. I also have provided information to help people plan thier
products better to avoid potential loss.

So, anyway, discharging a monitor should be done, especially if you're
working on the HV board. You should discharge it with one hand and put
your other hand in your pocket to avoid the charge from hitting your
heart. Anyone who says they don't do it is dealing with it in thier own
way. It's all about respect. If you're careful, you follow directions,
etc. you'll be fine.

When dealing with anything potentially lethal, be careful what you tell
people. When the Insurance companies and the lawyers get it, it's all
about WHO they will get to pay.

Good thing they NEVER look at computers and e-mail for that type of
information...

-Al-