Re: Asteroids with no video

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 00:29:37 EDT

In a message dated 7/19/2005 7:58:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rossiter@ni.net writes:

Yes, we Americans do need to be warned that coffee is hot, or that eating a
steady diet of McDonalds is not healthy. If I were to write up a vector
repair document that involved coffee, I would probably start off by saying
Coffee is hot, dangerous and even LETHAL!!! That's because somewhere out
there is some idiot that will manage to find a way to send himself to the
hospital because he didn't properly discharge his monitor and he'll have a
lawyer.

On a more Vector note, I remember a friend about 15 years ago who didn't
discharge a later model G08, (one that could be considered reliable), and had
the anode hit the chasis as he was carrying the monitor from the Tac Scan to the
 bench. I'm guessing the anode got loose when he was pulling the monitor from
the convert a cab.He gets juiced, drops the monitor, and breaks the tube
which had next to no burn...

I always discharge them. Enough stupid stuff can happen on it's own without
me encouraging it by not draining the HV...

MK