Couple of questions rec: color monitors

From: Fisher, Matthew <MFISHER_at_atg.state.in.us>
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 13:59:40 EDT

I am currently trying to bring an AF back to life and have just a couple of what should be easy questions for most of you. When I hook everything up, I can see the three little guns in the neck glowing. The schematic indicates that the heaters are powered by the HVT, so, (a) does this mean my HVT is OK, or (b) does this mean only that part of the HVT is OK and there's no way to tell about the rest? I'm asking because my deflection bd still has issues that I have not been able to work out and don't want to waste my time because I don't think I want to invest in a Wintron or a replacement HV bd. BTW, my HVT is a PennTrans.

Also, does any one have a source for magnetic shunts or have some around they could sell me? Mazzco doesn't seem to carry them anymore and Googling has not worked for me. Thanks.

Matt