Re: Amplifone HV Unit replacement parts - where to buy?

From: Scott Caldwell <scottcaldwell_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 22:01:31 EDT

Anyone have a picture of the bottom of a blue HV and the
appropriate locations to check for +-24v and +-30v? The
Amplifone FAQ shows the later green version and it's traces are
different than my blue. I guessed on a few locations and got
-31v, 28.8v and 0. I want to make sure I'm testing the correct
points. If it helps, I can take a picture of my blue to send to
someone to mark-up.

As a side-note, my blue does have the large, brown (ugly)
looking cap at C8. However, I do have a later green HV (also
dead with a red HVT) and it has a newer rectangular style of
cap at C8? Is one better than the other, odds of the later
design still being alive, compatible with the blue design, etc.?

Scott