Re: Another G05 issue

From: Phil Morris <arcaderelics_at_irongiant.org.uk>
Date: Sun Nov 06 2005 - 11:52:48 EST

>I have a G05 deflection that runs but you can only see the shots fired
>from the ships. It's as though the brightness is not up enough but it's up
>all the way. The board has been capped and the pots replaced. Any idea
>where to start poking around?
>Thanks for all the help!

It' either a fault with the Z circuit on the deflection board, the
connector problem, a wiring problem or a game board problem. That nails it
down doesn't it? ;-)

Do you have another game board to try?

Or perhaps an XY capable oscilloscope with Z input that you can temporarily
hook up to the board outputs to verify that it's okay?

>To your problem Phil, I would definitely try replacing the big blue if you
>aren't able to test it. That cap will make your game do wierd things if it
>has AC ripple across it.

I'll have to get hold of one first, was just hoping to try a few other
things first with what I have (such as perhaps swapping out the HV unit
with one from a G05-805 if it works - hence my query in the other message
if anyone knows the answer :-)

Phil