Re: 19V2000 problem

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 00:30:54 EST

In a message dated 11/8/2005 1:47:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
arcaderelics@irongiant.org.uk writes:

>Surely this isn't likely to be an HV diode problem as doesn't that cause
>'blooming', ie the display just keeps getting larger and larger - this is
>not the case here.

Don't be so sure. The "pulsing" you are describing CAN be an indication of a
HV problem, especially if anything in the picture is changing size...
     The text is brighter than the rest of the drawn screen, correct?? Then,
more HV is required for the electrons to dissapate, so if your HV is low, or
out of adjustment, you will see size changing symptoms in the picture, and
not neccesarily with the whole screen. Not allways "blooming", but when the
HV is just a bit out of whack (perhaps 11.5 -13kv instead of 14kv) the symptom
you are describing can occur.
      Exactly what is the HV reading at the anode? Did you reccap the HV
unit yet? What is your input voltage going to the HV unit? (Sorry if I missed
anything, but I joined this thread a bit late...)

Hope this helps,
Michael Kelley