Re: Sega Vector Development Tools Project

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_enteract.com>
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 22:18:11 EST

Tom, if you look further down in the email I sent you, you'll see those ROMs
were courtesy of David Fish (Thanks David!) :-)

As for the Sega Vector Development Tools Project...well, I won't lie...I got
sidetracked :-(

After developing some vector tools, I started work on disassembling the code
for Eliminator. I was able to find the code where the infamous
timing/crediting code existed.

Neil Bradley helped me with his disassembly/recompiler. I was able to find
and comment all the text and vector locations, and comment the crediting
code, a bit of the attract mode, the text display routines, and most of the
test mode.

Then after a few weeks of staring at z80 instructions, I got burned out on
that.

Anyone know of any good z80 instruction code editors? I'd like to cut/paste
some code out of Eliminator and tweak it a little to draw one of the vectors
I created with the graphics editing program. If anyone wants to pick up
disassembly where I left off (or at least look at the credit/timing code to
the point they could come up with a free play hack), let me know.

::crickets chirping::

:-)