Re: Red HV: It's Alive...

From: simon <simonjhanlon_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 17:10:24 EST

Hi Colin
No I didn't try HR Diemen, I have put an order in so as soon as I get it and
tested it I will get an order up together for anyone that wants one. Orders
over 21 work out at 39 euros each, much better than $350
+shipping...suckers! ;)
 I am working on a HV PCB replacement at the moment using Mosfet technology
(IRF840) and a Hantarex MTC900 transformer., this would work for the 6100
and the Amp.
The black and white types would be very easy to do also.
I think my dead Red was due to a bad HV diode(shame you can't get at them)
I connected it today before taking it to bits and got around 2 kv at the
anode, primary windings were fine.

Cheers