SW Death Star Blooming

From: simon <simonjhanlon_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed Mar 29 2006 - 05:58:28 EST

I noted the other day that as on most vector monitors during the death star explosion some blooming is noticeable. I have heard that this was intentional, I find this hard to believe. I just rigged up my HV probe on my SW so that I could read the EHT during game play. it was rock steady at 19.5KV until the explosion...it dropped by 4kv!! I thought as much. This must be due to the amount of white screen. Can someone else check their original Red or Wintron?
Thanks