Re: Tempest encoder bearings still available from Roy?

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Fri Apr 14 2006 - 09:28:03 EDT

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, Joseph Magiera wrote:

> Were the ones from Roy significantly different (better/worse) than the $5
> Tempest spinner rebuild kit that Philippe from Arcade Renovations sold?

As I remember it, Roy bought a length of brass bearing and cut it to size,
and was selling pieces from the rest.

Now, my local True Value hardware store (actually both, Brewer's and
Feinsod's) have, among the the parts in the sectioned yellow boxes, both
brass bearings and nylon bushings. Whoever is looking might check the local
version and see if they carry one that will fit.

Another option, I stopped mine from Brrring when I first got it 7+ years ago
with some teflon lubricant, and it is just starting to Brrrrr slightly now.

(The type of teflon lube comes in a pen, I actually bought mine at the drug
store under the name YoYo lube, sold for a high-end YoYo they were carrying
at the time).

-Chris