Discoloration on monitor after moving Space Duel upright

From: Tim Soderstrom <vectorlist_at_timandcorey.com>
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 12:13:25 EDT

Hi everyone!

I recently moved into a new house and found the perfect place for my Space
Duel cabinet. The thing has worked like a champ for many years,
particularly after getting the LV2000 added to the low voltage board for
the vector monitor. The issue I am having is that I notice that the
top-right hand screen has some discoloration. The red looks more like a
purple and looks, to me, like someone placed a magnet close to the screen
(it produces a similar effect). That said, if I open up the button panel
and swing it out away from the monitor, the problem goes away. I am unsure
as to how this is even possible but it is a phenomenon that has only
recently started occurring (since it was moved I think). I was hoping it
might go away, and it has gotten a tad bit better, but is still
noticeable.

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew of any places in San Antonio, TX (or
close by) that can repair vector monitors? I really don't even like to
look at the HV section let alone put my hands in there. The idea of
imminent death due to my own stupidity doesn't sound particularly
appetizing and as I am not a trained professional at that type of stuff,
I'd rather not have to work on it should the need arise.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Happy Vector gaming!

Tim S.