Re: Discoloration on monitor after moving Space Duel upright

From: Tim Soderstrom <vectorlist_at_timandcorey.com>
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 15:06:26 EDT

Well, I assume if you discharge it to the chassis, it would run through
the power cable out to the outlet anyway correct? If so, I probably need
to replace my AC cord since the person who owned this before me sawed off
the ground prong (yeah, well, go figure :P).

So just to be sure. If I don't discharge the monitor and somehow
electrocute myself death isn't necessarily imminent? I always thought that
HV devices like monitors only carried very small amps since it had to have
been converted from the standard 120VAC? So if I was REALLY stupid and
touched the discharge suction cup, it'll just hurt and I might loose a
finger? :)

Either way, I don't intend upon finding out :P Just curious for my own
personal knowledge.

I assume that I don't have a Weller soldering gun so until I do get one,
is it reasonably safe to run the game in this condition?

Again thanks for your help! Good to know that people are still into the
whole Vector gaming thing :)

Tim