Re: Amplifone replacement is here!!

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 01:18:56 EDT

In a message dated 8/22/2006 2:12:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
xx.vl@cinelabs.com writes:

The difference being that the Amplifone soak test was (as legend has it)
performed _during_ manufacture. Simon's soak test is _post_ manufacture
(after the potting's cured and water can't get in).

Soak test in manufacture?? The story (found in the faq, which I seriously
have to update after almost 10 years!) was that SOME of the HV winding spools
MAY have gotten wet when the sprinkler system came on in the Amplifone plant.

Anyways, I hope your HV units work out, Simon, and I'd like to order 3 if
they do!

Thanks,
Michael Kelley