Comet trails on Asteroids Deluxe

From: Clickerdingers <clickerdingers_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed Nov 22 2006 - 11:25:27 EST

Hi everyone,

This is my first post to the list. I have been on this list for some time (over a year) and enjoy reading about all the problems and fixes, it is a good education for me since I have very little in electronics training. I am able to repair monitors and have fixed a few in the past couple years so I'm not totally "green".

This question actually is for someone that I know through another list I am on and is not my game, he has an Asteroids Deluxe that has been sitting for a couple years and now when the images come up on the monitor as the objects move across the screen it leaves a trail or streak, it fades away but it leaves this streak, like a comet tail on everything. I'm thinking this monitor just needs cap kit from Zannen Electronics but since I have not seen this personally I thought I would ask here before giving any advice.

Thanks,

Mark