6100 fine-tuning

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 13:03:22 EDT

Have some convergence issues with this unit...the blue
lines used as a refrence, I cannot align the red
overtop correctly..horizontally ok, but the vertical
lines of the red are off slightly diagonally..is there
any control for this?

Also, I was flipping through the test screens, reading
the manual when I stopped at test screen #3 for space
duel. It has 7 color groups of different colors on the
screen...all colors look pretty good, but it does not
do what the manual says it should do which is go from
dim to brighter from top to bottom of each group... It
says: "if the intensities don't progress from dim at
the top of each color group to bright at the bottom,
there is a problem in the z-axis of the pcb or the
display".

Can someone point to where the 'z-axis' control or
parts are?

I also notice every once in a while while playing that
what looks like a lightning bolt will flash from one
object to another...its not that often, and random..
does this point to any particular issue?

Have not got my programmer yet but will check all roms
when it gets in. This board has new repro AVG chip and
electrolytics replaced.