Re: 6100 Problem

From: Ron Matuszak <ron.matuszak_at_buckeye-express.com>
Date: Sun Apr 15 2007 - 15:51:16 EDT

> anything like that is most likely bad solder joints or a bad pot.

Thanks Peter ! That was it, a bad pot. I have 180 volts now.

Now I have a new problem. It was working fine for about 5 minutes when R702
and R703 burned up. I replaced them and now I'm blowing F700. Are my Q705,
Q706 shot ? They are not shorted. and they are also showing voltage. F700
doesn't blow when I have P700 unpluged. I seems old that they would be bad.
What took them out if they are ? I also replaced Q700-02, Q703 and Q704 when
I replaced the resistors. Anything I've missed that might be bad? or I'm I
right in thinking it's the transistors.

This 6100 is hardest monitor I have worked on. It's been fighting me at
every turn. The G05's and rasters are easy... I wouldn't be this far with
out the 6100 FAQ.