Re: Speaking of multigame, A/AD/LL?

From: Scott Brasington <arcade_at_brasington.org>
Date: Wed Apr 18 2007 - 16:44:09 EDT

> Hey Scott, here's a free idea-- I had an analog input option on my board as
> well, but I just used the potentiometer input on the POKEY. Worked fine and
> saves you the external A/D setup.

Good idea, I never thought of it that ways, I guess that is how all the home
consoles make use of the chip right? Currently I have the 8 data port bits
from the pokey just wired to a header, and the 'external' mode just samples
that port the same way you would read dips off the pokey. I like your idea,
wish I actually had time to work on it :(

Personally, and this is just my opinion, I really dont like multigames that
require any extra controls, CP mods, reset buttons, etc.. So I guess that
is partly why I didn't put much effort or parts cost into allowing external
thrust control other than putting the pads down for a header. And why all
my kits allow P1+P2 to switch games or bring up menus.

I have no plans on doing any external controls myself, but others can have
at it, and I'll help out with interface information if needed.

I'll stay out of the one-button or two-button debate, just configure it the
way you like it ;-) Currently like 14 different configurable rates including
asymmetric rates and 1 or 2 button modes.

Kids just got off the bus, so that does it for me today.