RE: Atari proms

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed May 02 2007 - 00:30:26 EDT

Thanxs.. Actually I get nothing when I turn it on, a
never ending beep...beep..beep..beeep in test.. If I
ground watchdog I can play blind, test does a solid
tone never ending.
When I play blind, the duh...duh...duh... sound of the
asteroids is about half the speed of normal, but the
firing, ufo...etc sound normal. There was an IC that
one guide said to lift one leg to basically bypass the
watchdog and determine if its MPU related or VSM
related... when I did this, same as above except the
duh..duh...duh... sounds were at normal speed. I have
a pile of stuff coming for the generator section
because its not MPU..pretty much enough to replace
everything 'but' the prom so I hope thats ok...