Re: Re[2]: Re: Battlezone....almost there....

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun May 20 2007 - 18:13:36 EDT

Yes you are right, there are actually 2 of the
original eproms that are still used. I thought all
were replaced..instructions sorta made it sound that
way. Just reflashed a couple and it works now...just
need to get the vectors aligned a little better so the
mountains are not floating above the horizon but fully
playable...man I still love this game...

But I am very glad to finally get this going as the
original pcb was the only one I had not solved (other
than the pile of spares I have been stockpiling)
waiting for the comparator to arrive in the mail.

Does your BZone beep from the radar in attract? That
seems to be the only attract sound but its very
faint...I don't recall this from the arcade days..

Do you know what sort of effect a bad slice processor
would manifest itself as? Either this game or tempest?

--- Colin Davies <colin.w.davies@btopenworld.com>