Re: Modern Vector demo!

From: MyPearl <mypearl_at_dds.nl>
Date: Tue Aug 07 2007 - 16:51:52 EDT

It should be very easy to interface the oudio outputs. You would need
a simple opamp amplifying the soundcards line out from 1V to 7V.
Then you would need to apply a DC voltage to the RGB amps to
display an image in the first place.

Another problem I noticed (and expected) is that the soundcards
output is AC coupled and therefore the center of the image
on the scope drifts in both x and y direction. Maybe I need
to chop up an old soundblaster just for this demo :)

Also, on the video demo it seems they have used somekind
of blanking. How would you get that from your FLAC file/Sound card?
On my 150 MHz Tektronix 454A scope it is hard to adjust the brightness so
'retrace' is defnately a problem.

Nonetheless, ubercool....

Cheers,

Mendel