Re: Modern Vector demo!

From: Frank Palazzolo <palazzol_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Aug 07 2007 - 21:32:38 EDT

MyPearl wrote:
> Another problem I noticed (and expected) is that the soundcards
> output is AC coupled and therefore the center of the image
> on the scope drifts in both x and y direction. Maybe I need
> to chop up an old soundblaster just for this demo :)

It appears he is offsetting the beam to the four corners of the display
for certain amounts of time, probably to add the proper "DC offset" via
AC components. I think this must be how he gets around this limitation
of sound cards. Otherwise, I can't see how an arbitrary AC-coupled
audio signal could work.

This is quite an amazing piece of work - both the demo and this technique.

-Frank