Re: Re[2]: Re: Battlezone - no vectors in game

From: <lists_at_arcadeuk.com>
Date: Sun Aug 19 2007 - 14:00:23 EDT

On this problem, I tried reconnecting pin 7 A5 and cutting A6, but the
board doesnt work, only works with pin 7 (A5) cut. The line is not
holding high or low (checked on a scope) but I am going to try
replacing the LS139 that the signal goes to on the AUX board anyway
just incase.

On another note, I decided to have a go at signature analysing the AUX
board (never dug my sig analyser out before)

Well I dusted off the HP5006A signature analyser

I made the mathbox test harness as described in the manual

I followed the procedure as described in the manual for test #1

when I jumper pin1 of B6 to ground, the signature analyser freezes and
I cant record any signatures

Ok lets try test #2a followed instructions and the sigs all test good
so my HP is working

followed the instructions for test #2b and the signatures are good again

followed the instructions for test #3, and .... errrr is there an
error in the manual? I get all good sigs, but not on the same pins as
the manual

eg pin 22 of H/J2 should be 1441, but its not its pin 21. same applies
for the other 3 pins, they are all 1 shifted to the left

then the same for chip at E/D2, all the sigs are correct but shifted 1
pin to the left.

Board fault or missprint? sounds like a miss print.

Any ideas why I can't do the #1 tests?

Thanks in advance

Luke