Re[2]: Wells 19V2000 Asteriods Deluxe

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Wed Sep 26 2007 - 18:46:08 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Klammer <jeff.klammer@gmail.com>
To: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:15:24 -0500
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Wells 19V2000 Asteriods Deluxe

> You are correct about the 6.3 going to the coin door lights. The
> fuse is good, and coin door lights work. I also forgot to mention
> that I get about 3 Ohms between pins 1 & 8 for the heater on the
> tube. I've been working this problem off and on for about 2 weeks
> and the only thing that I can come up with so far is that the heater
> isn't coming on. I wish I could find a working CRT in the Twin
> Cities to swap parts with.

did you meter the tube directly, or through the socket?

i'v had a lot of problems with a pair of tv's recently that turned out to be the socket.

in one case there was a bad contact, in the other case the contacts had warped & one of them was intermitantly shorting with the flashover ring that acts as a set of spark-gaps.