Star Wars upright - Fitting a fan to keep it cool ?

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Sun Mar 01 2009 - 16:40:25 EST

Hi Guys,

We are doing a charity show next weekend and I will be taking along my
Starwars upright cab.

Now this had been running fine without issues with the Back door fitted....
I clocked up about 12 Hours last night, no problem......

BUT.... the last time we took it to a show, it was in the Summer and after a
while, the machine started to reset once it got hot inside, so we ended up
running it with the back door off.... I think the issue was with the game
pcb, but we were unable to do much diagnostics other than check the voltages
which seemed to be fine....

I'm thinking of fitting a fan inside to move some air through the
machine.... Might just fit a fan in the grille on top of the machine to
suck the hot air out.... Dont really want to have to cut a hole in the back
door to fit a blower fan..., but its simple option to take...

As I say.. Its been fine running at home.... and only has to do one 12 hour
shift on the Saturday and about 8 Hours on the Sunday... So nothing too
drastic is required at this point.

Can any one throw any suggestions at this please ?

I'll be taking along a spare Deflection board, Power brick and ArII, but do
not have a spare game pcb.

Thanks, Regards,
Colin