RE: Battlezone Question

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Thu Mar 12 2009 - 08:51:54 EDT

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009, COLIN DAVIES wrote:

> There is a window circuit if I recall.... You need to check this out...

Yes. Put another way, line clipping is done by an analog circuit. Matt --
I'll bet if you open up the cabinet and look at the picture tube, you'll see
vectors being drawn on the top of the tube, above the visible screen.

I had this problem a few years ago where mine was drawing on the side of the
tube. I ended up e-mailing Jed Margolin who correctly diagnosed the problem.
I suggest reading his The Secret Life of Vector Generators at
www.jmargolin.com, articles which describe the circuit.

Here also is Jed's answer to my problem in the archive:
http://www.vectorlist.org/Vectorlist/2004/02/0059.html

Once you can get your brain around the idea of X and Y values being stored
in a capacitor, it all makes sense. :-)

-Chris