Re: Space Fury Cocktail FS

From: Matt Rossiter <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Tue Jun 02 2009 - 16:57:30 EDT

It's really easy to reach in the game (with the game unplugged!) and
disconnect the monitor cables. Then unscrew the monitor bolts and pull the
monitor out *carefully*. You might want to check the big power transistors
that are mounted on the black heatsinks and tell us the part number on
them.

A lot of Cap-Kits have been sold in the past for the Electrohome
G08 monitors with transistors that are way under-rated for 2N6259
replacements. Replacements that are well suited for this monitor are not
hard to find and are easy to change.

That's just one possible thing you
could check.

BTW - I live in Southern California - so I'm a bit far. :)

Matt

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 04:44:05 +0800, "Travis Shire" wrote: Likely
it was roasting the deflection output transistors. The deflection outputs
on those are basically audio amps, so something was amiss in the driver
section. A leaky driver won't immediately blow an output, but it won't take
long. And its common for drivers to get taken out along with a shorted
output device. From what I remember they're DC coupled so anything thats
not right can freak the outputs out.