RE: "Clay Cowgill's" pincushion corrector

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon Jul 06 2009 - 17:00:49 EDT

> Anyway, great deal seeing the 1495 prices !

Quite a while back I bought a bunch (1000) of DIP packaged MC1495's when
they went EOL from Motorola, so I have more than a few to use up. I don't
remember the price either, so that's probably good. ;-) If you had to buy
the parts now in small quantity the correctors could actually be pretty
spendy to make.

> If it takes any load of your work I can do the assembly
> myself ;) I'll see if I can get some more people interested
> in them overhere.

Might be better to just ship a batch of parts all at once then... If you're
handy with an iron we could figure something out where I just ship you the
parts at a lower price to make up for some of the international shipping
costs and you can assemble and resell over there at your leisure. As long
as I get to point overseas guys to you for sales/support. ;-) Actually, I
didn't mark my name or company on the PCB's on these, so maybe I wouldn't
get to many contacts on them anyway. ;-)

I really can't stand the post office here-- it's always a guaranteed hour in
this huge line for no discernably good reason... (You can get twice as many
people through a bank queue in half the time!)

-Clay