Re: "Clay Cowgill's" pincushion corrector

From: Pat Danis <patdanis_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sat Jul 11 2009 - 12:32:11 EDT
If it is any help, I fly to Europe quite often (Paris, London, Madrid) and can mail from there if that will help cut down shipping rates.  I could easily bring about 30-40 boards over with me.

Pat Danis

Clay Cowgill wrote:
Anyway, great deal seeing the 1495 prices !

Quite a while back I bought a bunch (1000) of DIP packaged MC1495's when
they went EOL from Motorola, so I have more than a few to use up.  I don't
remember the price either, so that's probably good. ;-)  If you had to buy
the parts now in small quantity the correctors could actually be pretty
spendy to make.

If it takes any load of your work I can do the assembly
myself ;) I'll see if I can get some more people interested
in them overhere.

Might be better to just ship a batch of parts all at once then...  If you're
handy with an iron we could figure something out where I just ship you the
parts at a lower price to make up for some of the international shipping
costs and you can assemble and resell over there at your leisure.  As long
as I get to point overseas guys to you for sales/support. ;-)  Actually, I
didn't mark my name or company on the PCB's on these, so maybe I wouldn't
get to many contacts on them anyway. ;-)

I really can't stand the post office here-- it's always a guaranteed hour in
this huge line for no discernably good reason...  (You can get twice as many
people through a bank queue in half the time!)

-Clay