6100 zener diode mod advice?

From: Total Impulse <totalimpulse_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon Oct 05 2009 - 18:29:03 EDT

About to start going through another WG K6100 - have Bob's full cap kit
with additional parts & a LV6100 to put in it. This monitor is
originally from a Tempest - has P314 deflection (with "input protection"
on stilts), P315 HV, P316 neck. Thanks to Bob's parts kits and the FAQ,
this will be the 4th 6100 that I've worked on. This monitor will be
going in a Space Duel cabinet into which I'll be installing a Major
Havoc conversion kit.

Anyway, the previous three monitors all had P327 deflection boards, so I
did not do the deflection board upgrade involving the zener diode
installations. Is this highly recommended on the P314 board? If so,
should I do the official Atari upgrade from the Major Havoc conversion
kit instructions (pages 39-42 of the FAQ), or the "Frank's Crank's"
version (pages 47-48 of the FAQ)?

Thanks,

Alan

--