RE: 6100 zener diode mod advice?

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Oct 06 2009 - 21:38:50 EDT

> To rephrase my original question...
> When faced with an unmodified P314 deflection board, do
> people here leave it alone, or add the zener diode mods to
> it? If so, which mod do you install?

Here's a question from a different angle-- do many people have P314
deflection boards without the Atari input protection board retrofits?

I noticed that with the exception of one, all the dead deflection boards
I've been picking my way through lately are unmodified P314's. I have
enough of the original Atari upgrade kits to modify mine, but if that's a
common thing (unmodified P314's) maybe I should make up a batch of the
protection boards? Anybody need any?

(I might need to do that anyway-- I think I have maybe ten WG6100's to go
through and some are bound to be unmodified P314's based on my experience up
to this point...)

-Clay