Vectormame sound question

From: Danny Pearson <dannypearson_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun Feb 28 2010 - 04:29:32 EST

Hi guys, I'm finally getting my Vectormame setup up and running and I've hit
one last snag. I'm using a Space Duel cab/wiring with a 6100 using the MAME
binary 0.96 from Zonn's Zektor site and everything works and looks great.
The issue I have is that any games that use samples (Tac-Scan, Star Trek,
etc) are way way louder than the games that don't. I'm reasonably well
versed with MAME config and on other versions of MAME you can define the
volume for each game in an .ini file. This doesn't seem to be supported in
DVMAME. Also you can't even set -volume on a command line (i.e dvmame
startrek -volume -10), it just doesn't seem to use the -volume switch at
all. If this worked I could re-write the VM.bat script to alter the volume
for the games that use samples.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there another version of MAME that you
can use that will support individual game volume configuration? Obviously
I can just turn the volume up and down using the volume pot but this is a
PITA! I also don't fancy editing all the (hundreds) of individual samples
to lower their volume :)

Cheers,

DanP