Tempest K6100 - intermittent HV problem

From: John Huie <jehuie_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed May 12 2010 - 22:53:02 EDT

Wow, a mailing list....it's been a long time!  Ok, can anyone help with a technical issue?

I rebuilt my Tempest K6100 monitor. Full cap kit including lots of extra goodies from Zanen. LV2000. New flyback. Had trouble for a bit and then replaced the zeners on the HV section and it worked beautifully.

When it's playing blind I have deflection chatter. Spot killer is off. But...my B+ has dropped from 180 back down to 24 volts. Which is right where it was before I "fixed" it by replacing the zeners. I can replace them again. They are about 25 cents each so no big deal. But....not sure if that would help and even if it does something else seems to be wrong since these are brand new.