Re: Please help with Tempest rev 3 rom images

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon May 31 2010 - 21:28:13 EDT

In a message dated 5/31/2010 7:13:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kspradling@kc.rr.com writes:

It was used many hours; it used to blow fuses every few hours. In fact, I
bought it from a shop that was tired of replacing fuses in 1985 for $350.
yes, it has an LV2000, replaced the big caps, rebuild the HV using Bob
Roberts parts and others. I always use new compound on the transistors. Main
PCB does not have input protection... I've resoldered all sockets and pins
on both boards. It plays well; just blows transistors every now and
then... I accept it as part of ownership. :-)

Are you talking about the deflection board fuses, or the power supply
fuses, or both? If you have had to replace fuses on the fuse block, I'd be
looking at the rectifiers on the power brick. Also, (this is a crazy one, I had
this problem on my Asteroids Deluxe CT, and it took a WHILE to find it,
forgot about this from a long time ago...) -- Check the coils in the slug
rejecter of the coin door...I had a bad coil (s), and the fuse block fuse would
go after a while, and I'm checking / replacing all kind of crap, and I
finally solved the problem by disconnecting the coils in the coin door. Hope
this helps..

Now we're way off where I was @ the start of this thread talking about
Tempest rev 3 images for 2716's...anybody have this rev 3 in 2716 format,
please?

Thanks,
mk