Re: 13" Amplifone z / Blanking problem.

From: Andrew Welburn <andy_at_andysarcade.net>
Date: Mon Jun 21 2010 - 03:53:56 EDT

Well, i think the fact that you see all three colours on at the same time and all the retrace lines is because you have no Z at all, AND you have the brightness up way too far...

Without any Z's, you should have a blank screen, but you can make yourself feel better that the monitor is not completely dead by turning up the brightness where you'll see the XYpicture of sorts...

So, i think you need to be looking at something that is common to the three 'Z' RGB circuits..

Because you have an amplifone 13", i might be assuming (maybe wrongly) that you have a pat9000 there... can you absolutely confirm that you have 3 good RGB 'Z' channels coming from it and going into the monitor? or are you using something else to test it? scope the RGB Z to make sure.

The PAT is about as reliable as any other old videogame, so make sure that you really do have RGB 'Z' going into your monitor in the first place.

The fact that you can adjust the intensities of the individual guns makes it all sound liek you either have no RGB Z input, or something early on in the blanking stages is bad, but common to all three.

--
Andrew Welburn
http://www.andys-arcade.com