Re: 25" LOW res CRT on Star Wars

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Jul 17 2010 - 11:14:10 EDT

I have had this on proper 19" amp crt's with the proper yoke. I also had this on a raster lately.. G07 I believe. Can't offer you much advice other than to take it all off, and start over.. I seem to almost always get a different result swapping rings, or at least re-doing the yoke from purity on..and many times for the slightly better. If you have a second yoke, maybe try that. Take some impedence readings to see if they vary because I would really like to know the cause as well.. its pretty irritating/exasperating.
Doubt your tubes are different angles.. and I also have a Gravitar that came with a factory amplifone setup, but had a standard res crt in it. Resolution doesn't make a dif.