Re: 25" LOW res CRT on Star Wars

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Jul 17 2010 - 18:47:38 EDT

The only time I saw the patching like that is using a 6100 (100 degree deflection) yoke on a 90 degree amplifone crt. I tried to run an amp crt in a 6100 chassis. I could not even get past the purity.. got it fairly close but never passable for my taste.
Well maybe your angles are off between yoke and crt then. The 6100 as I mentioned is standard res, 100 degree, but I also had a factory standard res, 90 degree crt in an amp setup so standard res came in both angles obviously. The bells of the crts are noticeably different side by side.. you should be able to tell if they are different by comparing.. also I remember when I tried to get the 6100 yoke on the amp crt it was obviously a wrong fit compared to how snug other yokes fit where it goes to the bell. When I tired that amp in the 6100 chassis, I also tried to converge for the heck of it and couldn't even get half decently close. Someone said a short while back they got it to work but I didn't have any luck. The misconvergence I talked about similar to yours was enough to bug me, but its not something I wouldn't use if I got tired of mucking with it sort of thing.