Re: Anyone have a neckboard or a connector for a 19VLUP22?

From: Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Jul 17 2010 - 22:55:18 EDT

--- On Sat, 7/17/10, Mark Shostak <shostakmark@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have to disagree on that one.
> The de-focusing effect is only supposed to occur _during the death star > explosion_.
> In normal operation, both bright and dim vectors should be in focus.

Yeah, I get fuzzy vectors in several places. When my shields get replenished after the death star, the indicator is supposed to flash bright - but it just flashes fuzzy. Fireballs are fuzzy. I've got the focus turned up almost all the way too. I've gone through and adjusted my cutoff/drive controls to get it as clear as I can. I can make it sharper by backing off on the controls, but then anything that's not bright pretty much disappears.

> I have to agree with Ian, sounds like a bad tube, or on the off chance, > low HV/Screen/Focus. What is the HV reading?
> I'm curious to see if you can cure that with rejuvenation; let us know.

Yeah, I'm almost positive it's the tube. My HV is running right about at 19.75kv according to the meter. B+ is regulating nicely right around 180v (after replacing a blown transistor in that circuit...).

> I don't have a CR-24, or I'd just lend it to you, but maybe someone else > on the list does.

Yeah, I'm still on the lookout for something I can use to attach this tube to my rejuvinator. I do know that the actual pinout is the same as the CR-23 adapter, but it obviously won't mate up due to the different neck connector. I *could* pry the keyway off the tube, and plug it in that way, but I don't want to risk breaking it. It isn't loose.

-Ian