Space Duel amplifone?

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Jul 24 2010 - 18:19:56 EDT

I have a bunch of Space Duel pcb's I am looking at getting fixed so was going through them. I have one working fine in a cabinet, and also had a second one working so was going to sell it off to someone who needed one. I decided to let it run a while in the cab I have. I noticed when playing, and test mode, that the sides are very bowed in when you have the square box up (test or bonus round). I know I posted a while back I thought this might have been for an amplifone machine, but that was a while ago and searching don't really find any answers.
I have a Gravitar as well with a factory amplifone setup in it so I put the Space Duel into that cab.. straight as an arrow on the sides (and man do vectors look better than the 6100..).

So I am wondering if anyone heard of there being a SPace Duel cab that came with a factory amplifone setup like this Gravitar? The Gravitar pcb was not modified for the amp, so wondering if Atari did do this combo for SD, if they modified the pcb?
I looked at the 5 other pcb's I have and all have the AM6012 dacs in A/B9 and D9. This one however has MC3410 dacs in C9 and E9. I see in the schematics this is listed as an alternate circuit, but doesn't say anything about it working differently or being for a different setup.. The other thing I can see different is there is a resistor, looks like 400ohm (have not metered it) and is on the LF13201N at E10 in the output section, from pin 3 to pin 15. Other than that all else looks fine..

Anyone know if that resistor is bowing the sides, or if there was a factory modified SD amplifone pcb?