Re: Got the V2000 HV blues...

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Aug 02 2010 - 22:12:54 EDT

If anyone thinks this is the stupidest thing I've said this year please keep
in mind the year isn't over yet. Those capacitors that were "previously
replaced"---are they installed correctly? It is possible to have a reversed
capacitor do what yours is doing.

On Aug 2, 2010 5:39 PM, "John Robertson" <pinball@telus.net> wrote:

Total Impulse wrote:

> After two months, I'm still fighting with this 15V2000. I've gone through
If your monitor uses the (801 - Electrohome) HV doubler they do tend to
fail...or if not, the HV diode can become defective and start overheating -
drawing too much current leading to fuse failure. If you have a remote
temperature probe monitor the HV parts to see if any start to heat up, or
if the rubber end caps on the HV diode are black/melted then the diode may
be bad (or just old rubber from previous bad diode).

You can replace the doubler through:
http://www.arcadesolution.com/801cage.html

Note that the 2CL2FM diodes are rated at 20KV and can replace the regular HV
diodes as well...

John :-#)#

> Total Impulse wrote:
>>

>> Trying to wrap up restoration of an Asteroids Deluxe mini, and ...
John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call
(604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, VideoGames)
               www.flippers.com "Old pinballers never die, they just flip
out"