Re: Mysterious shiny new deflection board in WG6100

From: Alan McCormick <weirdal1968_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Apr 19 2011 - 18:08:29 EDT

Looks like the Arcadeshop K6100 deflection board they made a while back. ________________________________ From: Xyla DuVal <xduval_at_xyla.net> To: vectorlist_at_vectorlist.org Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:55 PM Subject: Re: VECTOR: Mysterious shiny new deflection board in WG6100 Hi everyone, I just bought a nice Tempest machine with a non-functioning WG6100 monitor.  It looks like the HV board caught on fire.  I have found rebuild guides and schematics online, so I am in the process of attempting to rebuild that board. However the main reason I am posting is that I was shocked when I saw the deflection board in this monitor.  It is shiny and brand new looking, and totally different from what I am used to.  I have been out of the vector game collecting loop for several years and am just now getting back to it with this Tempest project, but I used to own a few Atari machines with WG 6100s and none of them had anything like this.  Could anyone tell me what this board is and where it comes from?  Here is a photo: http://xyla.net/vector/deflection.jpg The other problem with my monitor is it has a HUGE burn spot in the center.  I've been googling and looking at old forums threads, and from everything I've found it sounds like the CRT tube situation is really dire.  I was wondering if there were any sources left at all for replacement tubes (used or new), or if they really are completely gone now.  I've read that some TV's in the 80's used the same tube, and I had the idea of trying to find one... but without knowing which ones use the 19VLUP22 it would probably be an expensive failure. Thank you for any assistance, Xyla --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ** Unsubscribe, subscribe, or view the archives at http://www.vectorlist.org ** Please direct other questions, comments, or problems to chris_at_westnet.com