Re: Messed up my Black Widow

From: vectorlist-steve <vectorlist_at_arcadehacking.com>
Date: Sun Jul 01 2012 - 18:27:52 EDT

When you say no +5 are you saying there is no +5 voltage measured at the
board test points or that the power led is not lit?

#1 I would recommend taking a few minutes and giving the board a good
visual inspection.
- Is there a cap or potentiometer that has been mashed down and shorting
on another component?
- Is the crystal and leads intact?
- Do you see any cracked components or other damage?

#2 Measure resistance across the +5 and GND test points next to the
power LED with the board disconnected
- I measured 1.575 K Ohms and 1.578 K Ohms on a second board so they
seem to be fairly consistent

#3 If you have an eprom programmer verify both sets of roms/eproms

#4 If you have an oscilloscope, logic probe or frequency counter you can
place on pin #40 of the 6502 CPU to watch for an active low reset