Re: Star Wars Intensity Test Issue

From: Andrew Welburn <andy_at_andysarcade.net>
Date: Fri Jul 06 2012 - 04:16:41 EDT

Not all pcbs output the same level of intensity.. they probably
theoretically should, but with colour vectors i have found intensity to
vary quite a bit. If you read the operator manual, atari knew this, they
include adjusting the monitor after you replace the pcb, for all sorts
of reasons.

Unless you side-by-side it with another one and scope everything, you'll
probably be hard pushed to find it without shotgunning.

Its not a fault par-se unless it drops outside of what is adjustable on
the pcb/monitor, i always expect variance in an analogue vector system.

Andrew Welburn
http://www.andys-arcade.com