Re: VERY nice EPROM programmer...

From: Chuck <chuck_at_localsurfer.com>
Date: Wed Dec 05 2012 - 13:56:22 EST

I bought my son one of the GQ-4X models for Christmas last year from mcumall.com and we have been pretty happy with it. It burns most ROMs for our arcade games. The one hiccup we have had with it so far is it wouldn't do one of the PROMs on the math box for out Battlezon. It was missing when I bought the game and I just bought one from hobbyroms.com. It has some add ons you can buy for it to burn more things, but the rare case I think I'll just stick with hobbyroms.com, great guy to deal with.

Some of these, the one here included, say they need an external power source, but not all ROMs need that. So far we haven't run into any here yet. Runs fine off the USB bus. The one draw back you may hit from one of the posters, possibly the original poster, is it doesn't have MAc software for it that I know of. I just run it in a virtual machine on my Mac to burn ROMs.

Chuck