Re: G08 Rebuild issues

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu Dec 27 2012 - 14:21:02 EST

OK, here are the adjustments from the Electrohome G08-105 XY November
1982 monitor manual.

----------------------------------------(quote)-----------------------------
4.0 Service Set Up Control
      NOTE: These controls have been factory adjusted. If adjustment is
necessary check set up procedures in this manual.
4.1 G2 Adjustment R930
4.8 E.H.T. Duty Cycle R918
4.9 E.H.T. Frequency Adj. R917
4.10 E.H.T. Sensing Control R933
4.11 E.H.T. Regulator Adjustment R945

6.0 E.H.T. Alignment _/(follow this sequence EXACTLY! - JR)/_

6.1 After 10 minutes warm up, adjust voltage regulator for 100V, -6V/+2V
via R945. _/(JR - I think this is a typo, R310 is the regulator
adjustment on version -003)/_ Measurement is made between anode of D902
and ground.

6.2 Jumper TP1 to ground with jumpers hook up oscilloscope to collector
of Q902 and adjust R918 for duty cycle of ~ 20 usec on ~ 35 usec off.

6.3 Adjust R917 for anode voltage of 21 KV +/- 300V then remove jumper
at TP1 and adjust R933 _/(R920 for rev -001 - JR)/_ for 0V +/- 15 MV at TP1.

Note: Adjustment made with zero beam current.

If you do not have these tools or the knowledge of how to use them then
send your HV unit to someone who can set it up safely.

I've scanned in the manual and will post it to my FTP site (Tech Tools
List) later today, and I'll provide the link then.

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com