Re: Staus and availability of Asteroids / Deluxe multigame?

From: Neil Bradley <nb_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Sat Jun 29 2013 - 01:05:06 EDT

> Oh man Star Castle!  I have been on the hunt for a Star Castle cabinet
> for while.  This might be the next best thing.
>
> Is there a link you can share with more info on the Vex project and to get
> on the waiting list?  I have a Space Duel machine I'd convert.  What's the
> process to convert a cabinet to run Vex?  Does Vex work with color and
> monochrome vector monitors?

You can "convert" it by plugging it in. ;-) The Vex board is designed to
plug in to an Asteroids or Asteroids Deluxe cabinet (cocktail, cabaret, or
full upright). It won't work on color cabinets. We're not sure we'll do a
color version of the board. Depends upon how the Vex board does itself,
however the code internally handles everything as 16 color RGB just in
case.

There is no waiting list, since we anticipate there being plenty of boards
for everyone (we'll announce it). Additionally, there's an analog and
spinner input so if you want to wire up a thrust controller, it's doable.

-->Neil