Re: How do i check the clock circuit?

From: EvilJim <eviljim13_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Sep 27 2013 - 01:28:58 EDT

   While I doubt I am even a tenth as experienced as most folks on the
list, I did want to add one of my own observations WRT to rework,
specifically on older boards.

   After practicing removal on some chips/boards of whatever vintage
(old HDDs are great for chip/SMD practice), do try to find an older
board (dead) to practice on as well. Techniques that have served me
well with newer Micarta have lead to issues on older stuff...lifted
pads/traces being most common. The "adhesion" (for lack of a better
term) of these older boards doesn't always hold up to rework temps and
methods.

   Sadly, I've gotten so used to the MIL-SPEC stuff I use at work, I
have to remind myself to have more patience and take more care with the
older things I work on at home.
=)

EvilJim