RE: How do i check the clock circuit?

From: Jonathan Koolpe <jkoolpe_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri Sep 27 2013 - 11:34:43 EDT

Hmmm...I'd stipulate that I'm probably even less than a tenth as experienced as most of y'all :), but after a short bit of practice with my solder rework station, I have yet to have a problem when using it to work on the older boards I've had to repair (Atari, Williams, Sega, monitor chassis (G07, G08, etc.). Once in a while I'll see some minor discoloration leftover after a procedure, but no real damage to the board occurs that I can tell.

I found that a temperature of 390 with an air flow rate of 90 works best for my unit if that helps...

Jon