Re: Modifying my metal control panel...

From: <KEGowland_at_cs.com>
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 23:43:31 EST

In a message dated 3/30/02 10:45:27 AM Central Standard Time,
andrew@aqualion.net writes:

> Putting some kind of sheet metal on the inside would work also, but I don't
> really know how I'd attach it to the control panel (I don't have a welder,
> and I'm not sure whether any kind of glue would work).

Easiest way is to get a piece of sheet metal cut to the shape of the top of
the control panel. Drill some holes around the edges and use rivets to
secure it. You'll need the correct size hole saw to drill out the button
holes of course. Home Depot should have everything you need. Or cut some
1/2" plywood and secure with carriage bolts.

Kirby